Sunday, December 09, 2007

top ten of 2007


the cinematic orchestra: ma fleur
this album guides my drives and it guided my whole trip to europe. i kick myself for not going to see them at bimbos a few months ago.


animal collective: strawberry jam
the sequence of [For Reverend Green - Fireworks - #1 - Winter Wonderland] is so good.


the arcade fire: neon bible
one of my favorite bands sounding like one of my favorite singers.


cocorosie: the adventures of ghosthorse and stillborn
"I'ma shake you off though, get up on that horse and ride into the sunset, look back with no remorse"


andrew bird: armchair apocrypha
i physically rubbed shoulders with him


st. vincent: marry me
girls don't normally impress me as much as she does with this.


radiohead: in rainbows
i realized i listen to the song, nude, over 40 times


múm: go go smear the poison ivy
every year i need someone from iceland on this list


midlake: the trials of van occupanther
i was apprehensive at first, but it has totally redeemed itself marvelously


lcd soundsystem: sound of silver
everything in one. as cheesy as that sounds. it sounds so cheesy, but it is heartfelt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Andrew Bird is also on my “highly subjective” Best of 2007 list.