Monday, July 10, 2006

halfway through 2006

here are my favorite albums thus far:


Vetiver
To Find Me Gone
my favorite san francisco band



TV on the Radio
Return To Cookie Mountain
i listen to this at least once a day



Sigur Ros
Saeglopur
i think Hafsol might be the best song in the world



The Knife
Silent Shout
this might be perfect for anyone. there is no distinct style or sound to it.



Hot Chip
The Warning
hot chip will break your legs, snap off your head



Four Tet
DJ Kicks
perfect mix of electronics with jazz



Danielson
Ships
i hated them as a teenager. now that im a man i can appreciate them

9 comments:

mrgn said...

i can't handle the top ten albums, so here's some songs:

knife - from off to on
my latest novel - learning lego
destroyer - looter's follies
band of horses - funeral
burial - gutted
silversun pickups - waste it on
lansing-dreiden - two extremes
yeah yeah yeahs - phenomenon
booka shade - darko

brian jensen said...

i forgot about destroyer.

Jon said...

now that i'm a man?

of that's rich.

brian jensen said...

"of that's rich." ????

makes no sense to me.

Anonymous said...

what is that sigur ros release? why do i not have it? brian answer me!

brian jensen said...

rob: i guess its a japanese release. 5 tracks. i think its the saeglopur single. now that i live in campbell you should come over to our place and get this.

Jon said...

ahhhh...i meant to say this....

now that I'm a man?

oh that's rich.

Anonymous said...

You like good music. I can relate to your feelings on Danielson. I saw him live 6 years ago and didn't get it at all. Over the years, I have become quite the admirer. I am bursting at seams in anticipation of seeing Danielson live tomorrow night in Va. If you're also a sufjan stevens fan you should check out his tour dates....though it seems you are abroad, I think he is heading overseas as well.

Anonymous said...

I apologize for double posting, but after complimenting you I went back and noticed that you are also seeing Jeremy Enigk live. Now I have double the compliments. Did you hear he's playing both new stuff and Frog Queen? I think my legs might come apart when he plays "explain" or "abbegail anne." Will you lose any limbs?