Thursday, May 03, 2007

get up on that horse and ride into the sunset

im ready to be done. i know ive counted down. and ive filled you in on my final moments.

but i went through this sadness (mild) that had me wishing that my graduation would coalesce with me finishing 7 tests and 3 papers all in one day, just so i could throw the pencil down and walk out with a smile. meanwhile the whole school would greet me on my walk from the art building to the light rail station, with high fives and handshakes.

but i am finishing my final tomorrow. and i dont graduate until the 26th.

so there are these vague "in betweens" until then. these are the opposite of high fives and handshakes.

but i do have a bit of stress (mild) that is ok with me. i work well like this. i have this and this and those to do and this place to go (de young museum in sf). and i feel that i only have two free days to accomplish these, if only i could say im done at that point.

in other news, starbucks/customer service has killed my empathy. the opposite of high fives and handshakes. but the good from this is that it is coming back. with handshakes (high fives are overused, unless its graduation) and hugs and talks and eyesight and time.

this is my informal thank you to everyone ive talked to in the last month or so about anything basically. i think only 4 people read this anyways. thank you to you 4. [high five].

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

high five for eating half my sandwich. maybe they give degrees for that. actually they gave me one in the form of a receipt. i will have it framed and give it to you.

brian jensen said...

cool. can we dress up in cap and gowns like they do for jesse's graduation?

Jon said...

try waiting five months before you graduate.

you know i had to one up you on that one.

i couldn't resist.

Jon said...

i added that science of sleep clip to my post.

Anonymous said...

i came by your work today to give you a high five but the man behind the counter said "uh, i took his apron so i guess no, he's not working"...weird, i didn't have the heart to high five an impersonator...