Thursday, June 21, 2007

missing my birthday


im going out to england in november. no questions. ill miss some school and ill miss thanksgiving. now im thinking about missing my birthday. well i wont miss it. ill just celebrate it elsewhere. it what i do besides england and the wedding that i want opinions on.

do i go to:

stockholm, sweden.


budapest, hungary.


riga, latvia.


katowice, poland.


tampere, finland.

i tried to get all snowy images because that what it will be like. most likely i will go to budapest to visit our friend joann. but joann, i think you should find a city that suits you and we could possibly meet there.

5 comments:

Franny said...

I heard Riga is cheap and beautiful. Poland is amazing, the Polish are a great people, and I think I am going there in a year or so. I vote for Stockholm or Budapest. Maybe I'll meet you there ?

Franny said...

Oh and I just checked ticket prices and what I'm finding for Budapest is pretty enticing. I really really think I might do that.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacob said...

Finland is my motherland.
So I kind of have to vote for it.

Colleen Franklin said...

Okay, I'm totally butting in where I was not invited, but I just have to say that I found Budapest to be utterly beguiling. There's an AMAZING folk art museum-the exhibit was Czech Art Nouveau/Arts & Crafts when we were there in 2001, just incredible. I believe it's on the Pest side of the river, and an unexpected Catholic church in a cave that is on the Buda side-it's right on the banks of the Danube, and it was all carved out of rock. Way cool. Please go there and find out what's the deal with the big statue of the woman holding the fish over her head.